OIDs of data types - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From M. Bastin
Subject OIDs of data types
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have been using the docs for about a month now, but I still haven't found where to find  a table with the field types, their matching OIDs, and type modifiers.

If anyone could show me where to find this, I would appreciate it a lot.  (I also still don't know what a "type modifier" is.  If anyone can elaborate...)

Thanks,

Marc

PS: I need that info in the light of the following spec, to know how to interprete incoming data.

backend-frontend protocol v2.0:

RowDescription (B)

Byte1('T')
Identifies the message as a row description.

Int16
Specifies the number of fields in a row (may be zero).

Then, for each field, there is the following:

String
Specifies the field name.

Int32
Specifies the object ID of the field type.

Int16
Specifies the type size.

Int32
Specifies the type modifier.